Saturday, January 6, 2007

Weddings can be fun

Two weddings I shot in 2006 really stand in my memory. They were both held in very elaborate locations with the wedding party and the guest ready to have fun. The first one was for Tola and Orok. Beautiful couple, both originally from Nigeria these guys gave me a treat of a lifetime. The ceremony and the reception were held in Rialto Square, which is a place fit for royalty. Speaking of royalty, since majority of the guest were from Nigeria, for most of the time I felt like I was thrown into the set of The Lion King. The traditional outfits and the song and celebration of their culture was breath taking. I don't think there was ever a dull moment. Below you will find few shots from their wedding. A second wedding, I photographed fairly recently in December for Natalie and Michael. Both the Bride and the Groom enjoyed Elvis so there were some Elvis moment. The couple was also made to party as well as their bridesmaids and the groomsmen so the moment we left the beautiful St Vincent Pallotti church, the fun started. First of all it was a winter day right after we had a big snow fall, second of all it was freeeeeeeeeeeeezing, yet we went to a park to shoot the formals. Even though I was the only one sweating ( yes, I work hard ), all were good sport about posing. The fun part was after I was done and only needed the bride and the groom, I've never seen people run so fast through the snow to get into the warm interiors of the limousine. Then came the pre reception stop at a nearby tavern and finally the reception. Ahhh, the memories of that day folks, now I understand why people dish out so much for the weddings. If this is supposed to be one of a kind day in your life, you need to do everything to make it count.

Tola and the groomsmen


Rialto Square


Looking down at the guests


Outside of Rialto Square ( traditional outfits )


Natalie and Michael


Inside St Vincent Pallotti church


Cake cutting


Elvis :-)

No comments: