Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fashion and Wedding don't mix???????

I struggled with this one because normally you see two schools of thought. Those who believe that you need to pick one area of photography and specialize in it and others who believe completely opposite. So I sat there and gave it some thought and this is what I came up with. Modeling and event photography do have enough in common that I feel like I am not compromising myself by showing off and doing both. In both instances, you are working with one or more people. In each instance, you are looking to capture something unique. In each instance you are working in a controlled or spontaneous environment and with a clear objective of what needs to be accomplished. In both instances you are working with people who will need to be directed at some times, and then captured off guard at another time. You need to capture the essence of what you're shooting and deliver nothing but the best result at the end of the day.
So, as far as I'm concerned, weddings and other events are close enough to fashion photography.
Oh yeah, the funnest part is that in both instances you're photographing people. Not sure about you, but it's the human aspect that I really love.
Smile you bride, as far as I'm concerned, you are my next fashion model.

No comments: