Thursday, July 19, 2007

props

Those of you who had the chance to shoot with me know that I'm not big on using props. In general, I think they take away from the aesthetic look of the picture and clutter the frame with unnecessary elements. BUT, I am not opposed to them if used minimally OR if they highlight the subject. With that in mind, I found this pair of goggles that caught my interest and was dying to put them to good use to see how the concept would look. There will be more pictures that will feature them but for now, I took advantage of a wind down time after my last commercial shoot and forced the model at a lens point to put them on. I said "slap these on and go like this", thus making a goofy face that tried to explain the expression I wanted to see. Yes, sometimes I lack the words so I try to show the poses, which is usually met wit a burst of laughter. Not sure why, but what the heck. Anyway, here is lovely Mandie in the goggle shot.

No comments: